Having Trouble Making Your Mortgage Payment?

Having Trouble Making Your Mortgage Payment?

We may be able to help—our goal is to help you stay in your home.

We understand that difficult financial times can happen to anyone. If you are having difficulty making your mortgage payment, we may be able to help. We have a number of options available for borrowers experiencing hardships. You may qualify for one of these.

If you are having trouble, please do not delay in contacting us.

Options available to you if you want to stay in your home:
    • Repayment Plan: This is an agreement to resume making your regular monthly payments plus a portion of the past due amount each month until you bring your loan current.
    • Forbearance Plan: This allows you to reduce or suspend payments for a short time and then bring your loan current. A forbearance plan may be combined with a reinstatement when you know that you will have enough funds to bring your loan current at a later date, such as a tax refund, insurance settlement, or investment reaching maturity.
    • Modification: If you are able to make a portion of your monthly payment but unable to bring your loan current, a modification will change the terms of your loan permanently to make the monthly payments more affordable. These changes may include one or more of the following: adding the missed payments to the loan balance, reducing the interest rate or extending the term of your loan.

Options available to you if you no longer want to stay in your home:
    • Short Sale: This is the sale of your property for an amount that is less than you currently owe on your mortgage.
    • Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure: An agreement for you to deed the property back to us in an effort to avoid foreclosure in exchange for the discharge of the debt.

What to Do Next
Please call us Monday-Friday, 8 AM-8 PM ET, or Saturday, 9 AM-1 PM ET, to see how we might be able to help and what we will need from you to do so. Our phone number is (877) 912-8006.

In addition, you may call the Housing and Urban Development office at (800) 569-4287 or use the following link to find a HUD certified counseling agency: http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/fc.

NOTE: myCUmortgage, LLC, is required by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to inform you that if your mortgage is currently past due, as your loan servicer, we will be attempting to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. However, if you have received a discharge, and the mortgage was not reaffirmed in the bankruptcy case, we will only exercise our rights against the property and are not attempting any act to collect the discharge debt from you personally.